Woody Aragón is one of the world-wide foremost experts with a memorized deck. His tricks, books and the rest of his work on the theme have opened new doors and inspired thousands of magicians. Since 2014, he has presented a famous, indispensable workshop once a year, which has been converted into a reference event for those magicians truly interested in advancing mem-deck work. This unique opportunity is as useful for those who want to deepen their stack-knowledge, as those who have wanted to start but haven’t been capable of memorizing, or even those magicians who have forgotten what they learned (for not having done it in the right way). For the first time, Woody presents a Mem-deck workshop online (in English!), through Zoom for a limited number of participants.
1. Memorized Deck Assimilation (3 hours)
May 15, 2021 @ 11am PST, 2pm EST, 7pm UK, 8pm Spain
If you are fascinated by the tricks and possibilities offered by a memorized deck, but you’ve never dared to start working with it. Or perhaps, you have started, but you’re plagued by doubts and insecurities.
In this first workshop: – No previous knowledge needed
– Attendees leave the workshop with the stack reliably memorized
– Attendees leave with a small repertoire of classic tricks they can perform (for all technical levels) utilizing the mem-deck
2. Advanced memorized deck – part 1 (3 hours)
May 22, 2021 @ 11am PST, 2pm EST, 7pm UK, 8pm Spain
If you already use a memorized deck, but your repertoire is limited and you want to explore new possibilities, Woody will show and explain more of his advanced work in this area, as well as his vision for new stacks and their properties.
In this second workshop:
– Attendees must already have a stack memorized (or the ability to easily control it if it’s an arithmetic stack)
– Attendees will deepen their repertoire with advanced mem-deck work
– This workshop is primarily oriented to new effects, original to Woody, but also high-level techniques to maintain the stack or arrange a stack in front of your audience.
3. Advanced memorized deck – part 2 (2.5 hours)
May 29, 2021 @ 11am PST, 2pm EST, 7pm UK, 8pm Spain
Woody shares his most advanced creations with a mem-deck and his most cutting-edge work from the past few years. Tricks that have surprised and fooled magicians and laypeople, including the secrets of his “siamese mem-deck”
Although the workshops are independent, it is highly recommended to attend all three. The first more than covers the basics required to take full advantage of the other two.